Wednesday, December 2, 2009

To Curves and Home again Jiggedy Jog

So it was back to Curves for the first time since my daughter and I went mid-June. Paying for something and then putting NO effort into it doesn't make a lot of sense, but then eating sugar when one is pre-diabetic does not compute either. So I've lost some weight since my last foray into the world of exercise but my blood sugar A1C wasn't so hot. Now I need to get to the place where the rubber meets the road. I need to put some effort into bringing my eating under control and managing weight loss and exercise so that I am ready to meet the New Year without having to make a lot of empty "resolutions". Hey, they never worked before either!

I'm reading a lot of OA literature and sad to say that there are no meetings in the small town where I live. At least I work in a rehabilitation setting so "recovery" can be and is spoken there. This sugar hurdle is just another opportunity to give God the glory for. I can't, He can, I think I will let Him. (First three of the 12 Step Recovery programs, shorthand version. *smile*) Today is going to be a good day.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment