Friday, December 18, 2009

Inspired

It's almost Christmas. It's that time of year when children start ramping up costs on Mom and Dad's charge cards and the Salvation Army bell can be heard ringing at local stores as people dash right on past to rush through Christmas shopping at Walmart and Target (you can see what my budget is looking like.)

Anyway, today a friend inspired me to put up my little Christmas tree. When I moved into my current apartment I checked out all the closets and lo and behold there in a funny little closet that looks like it could hold at least and ironing board, I found a box containing a Christmas tree. I didn't open the box 'cause who needs a tree in March? So I was bemoaning the fact that my house didn't look very Christmas-like, not a decoration to be seen and my friend says "why don't you decorate?" Out comes the box with the tree and tada, lights are there too. So my "Charlie Brown" tree topper is up, lights are on and for decorations, tiny stuffed sheep, a Hershey Kiss doll, Maxine all decked out with antlers and funny bunny slippers and a Furbie. I also found a red Christmas stocking and that's hung on the tree as well. *Smile*!!! Merry Christmas to all and to all "a good night".

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment