Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Take it With a Grain of Salt

I got to thinking about salt tonight. I was reading the comment on my earlier post and started thinking about "salt". Of course there's the old phrase "take it with a grain of salt" and that implies someone's word is less than believable. Lot's wife learned a life lesson as she looked back at the idols of her past life, longing perhaps the familiar albeit evil living that would no longer be hers if she fled. We know what happened to her.

Salt in the Bible.... why it's fairly peppered with references. And if the salt loses its flavor it is considered useless. We are told we ought to be "salt and light". That gives me pause for thought. As I trundle off to bed it will not be visions of sugar plums but more thoughts about whether or not my own walk is liberally salted or is my light hidden as I look back over my shoulder to what might have been. As I said, "gives me pause."

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment