Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rethinking This Green Veggie

And God made wonderful fruits and veggies for us to enjoy. So who am I to malign Kale. I never thought I'd like bitter greens and once I tried them (endive, dandelion greens) I liked them quite well, thank you. But Kale. Well Kale is tough, takes work to eat. Kale may be like some the things I consider impalatable in my life. Some circumstances are harder to swallow than others. Acceptance of these is my challenge, much like finding a way to prepare Kale that would make it appealing. My apologies to those who find it an okay green. I know that God has a place in His creation for all sorts of vegetation just as He allows certain events and situations to come our way. These situations are like Kale to me, hard to swallow, bitter to the taste, difficult to digest. Situations in my life currently are giving me an opportunity to grow. They make me want to hold my nose in order to consider them at all palatable. But here is what God says: Ezekiel 3:1-3 (New King James Version)
1 "Moreover He said to me, “Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.” 2 So I opened my mouth, and He caused me to eat that scroll.3 And He said to me, “Son of man, feed your belly, and fill your stomach with this scroll that I give you.” So I ate, and it was in my mouth like honey in sweetness. "

The footnote on 3:1 says "Before the prophet can deliver the message, he must first assimilate it." As I learn the lessons and look for the blessings in these circumstances I find unpalatable, I will have more to offer a fellow traveler on this journey we call Life. I will be able to say to that person, "Now then, stand still and see this great thing the LORD is about to do before your eyes!...Jesus Saves!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment