Friday, February 26, 2010

February comes to a close

Well, I see it's nearly a month since I last wrote here. A lot has happened during this, the shortest month of the year. A relationship was broken, another cemented stronger than before. My grand-daughter has had a mysterious incident which has left her with a stutter. I have become somewhat disenchanted with my job but need to continue plugging along because I know it's where God wants me right now.

God is always so faithful, even when I am not. He comes through for me every time with just the right solutions to my problems, or just the right reading fairly jumps off the pages of my devotionals. I get an inspiration and a confirmation, or just a Word in Due Season. All in all I know I serve a loving God who never fails me.

I've been in contact with an old friend this month. She's floundering in a sea of doubt, a sea of her own making. She's always been one to cling to conspiracy theories and I see her bobbing about on waves of too much worldly thinking and too much fear. I can pray for her, it's the most powerful gift I can offer but I wish I could get her to hear. She has turned a deaf ear to God. In fact she thinks that everyone else is crazy for believing in Jesus. I doubt she'd read Stroble, or "More than a Carpenter". Pray for her too will you? God knows who she is. And while you are on your knees, pray for my grand-daughter. Perhaps in this awkward ailment she will find that Jesus heals and find that He came to save her because He loves her just the way she is. My old congregation used to tell me "come as you are and be loved." I think that's a welcome everyone would love to hear. How about you?

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment